GORDON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR SESSION MINUTES
FEBRUARY 1, 2011
The Gordon County Board of Commissioners held their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February 1, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. in the Conference Room of the Administration Building.
Chairman Bailey called the meeting to order.
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Invocation was led by Rev. John Allen and the pledge of allegiance was led by Chairman Bailey.
Chairman Bailey welcomed everyone to the meeting.
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
Chairman Bailey read the list of employees with anniversary hire dates in February. Commissioner Long drew the name of Jeff O’Neal as Employee of the Month.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Chairman Bailey asked if there were any additions, omissions, or deletions to the Minutes for the Work Session January 18, 2011 and the Regular Meeting January 18, 2011. Commissioner Long made a motion to approve the minutes. Commissioner Hood seconded the motion and all voted aye. Minutes approved.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC – GERMANE TO THE AGENDA
CONSIDERATION OF OLD BUSINESS
CONSIDERATION OF NEW BUSINESS
- APPROVAL OF AUDIT SERVICES WITH R.M. DOBBS & COMPANY FOR THREE ADDITIONAL YEARS
- Administrator Dowling advised the Board that this is for Board approval of audit services with R.M. Dobbs and Company, our existing current auditor, for three additional years. The contract with R.M. Dobbs expired when they completed their audit for fiscal year 2010. This is a new agreement for three additional years through fiscal year ending June 2013, not to exceed $57,900 per year. This is for no increase from prior years.
- Commissioner Hood made a motion to approve R. M. Dobbs & Company as auditors for an additional three years. Commissioner Steward seconded the motion and Commissioners Long, Hood, and Steward voted aye. Motion passed.
- APPOINTMENT TO THE BOARD OF HEALTH FOR DR. BETSY HENDLEY
- Administrator Dowling advised the Board that this is for appointment of Dr. Betsy Hendley to the Gordon County Board of Health for a period of six year ending 12/31/2016.
- Commissioner Long made a motion to approve the appointment of Dr. Betsy Hendley to the Board of Health. Commissioner Steward seconded the motion and Commissioners Steward, Long, and Hood voted aye. Motion passed.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC – GENERAL
Commissioner Long made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Commissioner Hood seconded the motion and all voted aye. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:10 a.m.