Absentee ballots through the mail:
Any eligible voter requesting an absentee ballot through the mail must submit a request in writing to the Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office. You do not have to provide a reason when requesting an absentee ballot by mail. The application may either be mailed to the Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office at PO Box 715, Calhoun, GA 30703-0715, or faxed to (706) 629-7198. To ensure that you have time to receive your ballot and have it returned back to us by Election Day, we recommend you make your request as early as possible.
How to Vote Absentee:
(Please note that we now have Early/Advance Voting that requires no reason necessary to vote in person in the Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office; see Early/Advance Voting for more information)
- In Person
- a. Arrive at the Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office ready to vote.
- By Mail
- a. Print the application by clicking here.
- b. Fill out the application completely. (Be sure you fill out all appropriate fields and sign the application.)
- c. Fax the application to the Board of Elections and Registration office at (706) 629-7198 or you may mail your ballot to: Gordon County Board of Elections PO Box 715 Calhoun, GA 30703-0715
- d. Your application will be reviewed and upon approval an absentee ballot will be mailed to your address.
- e. When you have completed the ballot, it may either be delivered in person or mailed to our office.
**Please Note** Each individual must deliver his or her own ballot, unless the individual is physically disabled.